Sewing the lining for the underskirt. As you can see I did a stellar job cutting out these pattern pieces on the line.
And sewing the overskirt. This took FOREVER, and I unfortunately forgot an entire piece, and then I also forgot to leave a seam open in the back for the zipper! ARGH!
Then a miracle occurred…
No, kidding. I just forgot to take pictures because I was too stressed out. The last steps were (1) sewing the overskirt to the underskirt, (2) sewing the skirt to the bodice, and (3) sewing the zipper. Since the zipper traveses the green skirt and the gold bodice, I had to use green thread on the bottom half of the zipper and then gold thread on the top half. Very glad I remembered this before I started sewing the zipper!
Here’s the finished gown from front, side and back:
And here’s a side-by-side comparison of my gown with the Ever After gown that inspired it: